Your child's dental health is very important, which is why you may deny him or her certain indulgences. But the following are a few sweets that you can give your children that won't hurt their oral health. In fact, the following sweets may enhance his or her smile.
Dental-Friendly Secrets Behind The Recipes
One of the recipes will use raw chocolate. Raw chocolate contains the bark of the cacao bean. This is important because the bark of the cacao bean contains CBH. CBH is an active ingredient that diminishes the reproductive capabilities of the cavity-causing bacteria in your child's mouth. You can also purchase dark chocolate, which still contains a few traces of the cacao bark, but not as much as raw chocolate.
You will also be using raw honey. Raw honey will kill harmful bacteria by dehydrating it, as honey is very osmotic. Honey also contains several enzymes that will target the bacteria in your child's mouth and poison them.
Another ingredient that you will be using is strawberries. Strawberries will help whiten your child's smile because strawberries contain malic acid. Malic acid is an astringent ingredient that will help dissolve the biofilm that bacteria and stains create to stick to your child's teeth and tongue.
You will only strengthen your child's teeth with the aforementioned ingredients (along with regular visits to your dentist). Below are the recipes:
Strawberry Ice Cream
To make your strawberry ice cream, you will need the following:
- 1/2 a cup of frozen strawberries
- 3 diced frozen bananas. Make sure they are very ripe before freezing.
- 2 to 5 tablespoons of raw honey
- A cap full of milk
To make your strawberry ice cream, follow the steps below:
- Put everything in a food processor or blender, and blend away.
- Add a little more milk if the mixture gets stuck.
- Enjoy your ice cream; this should give you about 2 servings of ice cream.
You will need the following for your bar:
- 1 cup powdered raw chocolate
- 5 to 7 tablespoons of raw honey
To make your chocolate bar, just follow the steps below:
- Melt your raw chocolate or dark chocolate in the microwave.
- Add your honey and blend. Taste to see if it's sweet enough.
- Place the blend in a candy mold, and freeze it for at least 20 minutes.
- Enjoy. This only makes a few pieces of chocolate.
As you can see, your child can still have sweets without worrying about his or her oral health. Contact a dentist like Children's Dental Center Of Central Iowa PLC for more tips on dental health.